U bent hier: Home » Private » Become a costumer r » Planning to build?

Building a house? Or planning on building one? If you are aged 18 or older, you can request a temporary connection.

To obtain a temporary building connection for water and electricity, you must submit the following documents:

  • a notarial deed or a “written inspection” from the Land Registry Office (Kadaster), no more than a year old;
  • a cadastral drawing (situation drawing);
  • a valid proof of identity with a clear photograph.
  • an inspection card* for the temporary electricity connection.
  • a copy of the approved building permit.

*The inspection and the completion and signing of the inspection card must be performed by a registered installer. You can obtain the inspection card from the relevant installer.

Please note:

  • If you are not the owner of the plot of land, you must submit a signed authorization, no more than six months old, and a copy of the owner’s valid proof of identity.
  • If the plot of land is in the name of a company and/or the connection is in the name of a company, you must submit an extract from the Bonaire Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel Bonaire) that has a stamp and signature and is no more than a year old.
  • In some cases, documents such as a death certificate, a family book or an ‘under receivership’ must be submitted!
  • As soon as you have submitted the application, our technical department will inspect your building site. Departmental staff will determine whether or not you are eligible for a water and/or an electricity connection.
  • The costs for allotment, the connection, civil work activities and the deposit will be charged to your account.
Deposit Electricity
one-phase / two-phase / three-phase connection for power up to max. 3X35 Ampere without air conditioning / construction connection$150.00
Increase by air conditioning unit$ 75.00
Connection for power from 3X50 AmpereCalculation
Deposit Water
½ ” / construction connection$100.00
Greater than ½ “Calculation


Electricity and water meter alcove
The meters that WEB provides must be placed in a brick or concrete alcove. This is mandatory, to protect the meters against weather influences and because WEB must always have access to the meters, for checking and for recording the meter readings.

The dimensions of the alcove depend on the required number of meters. WEB offers drawings for 3 types of alcoves: single (1 water and 1 electricity meter), double (2 water and 2 electricity meters) and 6-fold (6 water and 6 electricity meters).

The drawings are available under Downloads

If you have completed the construction of your home and you are about to move in, you can request a permanent electrical connection.

Bring the following documents with you:

  • an inspection card for the permanent water and/or electricity connection;
  • the documents for your temporary building connection;
  • the document with the official street name and address of the Public Entity of Bonaire (Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire, OLB), the Directorate of Land Planning (Directie Ruimtelijke Ordening, DRO).